Monday 8 February 2010

There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'

Oh lordy.  You wouldn't believe the run I had on Sunday... in the immortal words of U2... Striders Bloody Striders... it was not a rebel song.... it was the Hornsby Hurricane... Yes, into the pits of hell we ran - if hell was full of mud and leeches instead of flames and devils - and out of it we came covered in... unsurprisingly, mud and leeches.  And cuts.  And bruises.  OK that was probably just me.  Aaargh!  RUBBISH!  Still I guess it was easier than the Tough Guy Challenge... - seriously looney.  Next year.

But enough of that...  after having a champagne enema to remove any of those little friends that may have wedged themselves internally, I am getting ready to head down to Melbourne to attend Etihad Stadium.  I hear you all ask WHY I would head down there to watch some crappy pre-season game..?  Well I wouldn't.  Nup, I am off to join The Nipster for some Rockin!  Yep, we are off to see the Mighty AC/DC ROCK the stage.  GOLD I tell you.  And no, that doesn't mean you should get the Spandau Ballet on...

To be honest I can't believe we are still playing International Cricket (sort of) as the AFL Footy Season is (sort of) starting!  The Death of the ODI is being broadcast through the media... No one is going to the games apparently... but that wouldn't have anything to do with it costing $1000 to go see it would it?  When you can watch it on telly at home?  Or at the pub?  Here's an idea... LOWER THE BLUDDY COST!  I am truly a genius.  Seriously.  I am amazing. 

Of course there is no tipping in the NAB Cup cos... well... no one gives a flying... but it's still nice to see yer boys jiggling about out there on the field, sweating it out in 37C heat, wearing the latest in ice vests, getting reported for running backwards into umpires, and scoring 9 points for the lazy 50m goal.  Sure itgives absolutely no idea about team form, but what it does give us is some ideas on who to buy for $100k in the fantasy teams.  And it also gives hope to teams such as Richmond, who win a couple of games, get all warm in the groin and then crash n burn... bliss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment