Sunday 26 September 2010

The Grand Final 2010 - Apparently It Was A Draw

So I get a call from a mate... wanna go over to his place and  watch the Granny? Take over a cuppla beers, have a barbie, chill and watch what will probably sadly be a Pies victory?  Well there's no point in saying no to that is there? His brother even offered to pick me up on the way through,  Very handy.  Oh... can I get some bread and tomatoes... no problemo... I pick up a 6 pack on the way through.  Must say do I REALLY care about this result?  My only allegiance in this is cos it would be great to see the Pies lose.  I don't even like the Saints.

We arrive - beautiful day in sydney - and the footy is on - a repeat of the 2009 granny.  This is on Channel 10.  He's got it all set up to play through his PS3 so I start having a fiddle and look for Channel 7, but can't find it... he wanders through and asks what I'm doing... I explain that I can't find Channel 7.. and he says... he doesn't have Channel 7...

No.  Seriously!!!!!  He can't get Channel 7!!!!! Gold.  Off to the pub... and I was really looking forward to those snags.

Quite a game eh? The Pies dominated the first 20 minutes, making the Sinners look second rate but somehow they managed to stay in it.  There were times where I have to admit to feeling unclean.  I was actually cheering when that dirty r*pist Milney got a possession and kicked a goal.  I am scrubbing as we speak.  The Pies took off again in the second quarter, and yet again the Sinners managed to slow down the game.  The Pies started missing goals and one wise sage was heard to invoke the ghost of W Carey, 1998 Granny just before half time.  If S Waugh was there he would have screamed at Cloke "YOU JUST MISSED THE WORLD CUP!".  What a shame...

So we're back again next week... get yer leave passes sorted and make sure yer tv has Channel 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment