Tuesday 19 April 2011

The Disturbed.

This week will forever be known as the Week of Disturbing.

Yes, Port ARE a POWERHOUSE Neil aren't they?  Fortunately I knew he was just trying to work out if you are all going senile or not - I think we all passed.

But that result just shows why the Paps are $hit.  Yes, they can get it up for a Showdown, but they are just as likely to self-combust against the Suns this week.  Where is the TICKER papsboys? Eh?  Hmmm that said, seeing the Crows play that way against a team that is $hit is a disturbing thing.

Speaking of disturbing - C Dawes.  It's not often I back a Pie but that is the softest week handed down since M Bickley placed a glancing blow on D Wakelin.  Seriously - what is going on with that?  Opponent falls into your forearm and you get suspended for a week?  That is a JOKE and if he doesn't get off then we'll be seeing no one left on a footy field soon.

Another week, another draw.  I am disturbed that they don't have a golden point.  I mean, what sport ever finishes with a draw as a valid result? NONE!  I mean ok... so soccer has a draw... cricket has a draw... rugby has a draw... basketball has a draw... DAMNIT! I hate it when such a valid argument is ruined by FACTS!  Will the relevant people please SHUT UP about having extra time etc - there is nothing wrong with a draw in the regular season.  Sit down and move on.  IT IS A DRAW!

Do I have my grumpy pants on? Yes.  That's cos not only did the Crows play CRAP but I put my money on the Swans this week.  NO I do not know why. I know I should have gone the obvious bet - a draw between the Bombers n Blues - but I didn't so move on.

Oztips eh?  No, I don't know what is going on.  All I know is they are USELESS - typical bluddy IT people.  Actually I reckon what really happened is the business gave IT requirements on the back of a napkin and asked for a rough estimate, to which IT said will take 6 months to build, the business side said "but we promised someone 3 months", then they added some more functionality and promised people 2 months while withdrawing some resourcing that was previously put aside for testing.  And Bingo.  Yep, bluddy IT...

Tippers
Leading the charge this week with a perfect 6 from 7 (nothing for a draw - why didn't you tip it?) was last years runaway winner under a new nom de plume - our very own Mr Cricket Jr.  Overall however Synneeee still leads and by 3 points already.  Unbelievable - on so many counts.  Still, as the Sinners keep telling us, it is early days.

In the side comp we are up to $75 with a few still in there - one of you picked the friday game... naughty... yer OUTTA THERE!  This week you only pick sun/mon/tue games...

Round 5
Tipping is a tough gig this week - even the games that are 'should be' may not be.  And that starts with Thursday nights game (yes thursday) with Brissy hosting the Sinners.  Yes it would be an upset for the Lions to win, but the form guide is equally crap and it is a Brisbane home game.  Sinners have too much on the line and won't let it go.

Good Friday it ain't - cos there's no footy! But on saturday the Paps should get some percentage on the Suns.  If not then the Paps should be dropped to the SAFA.  Simple.  And then the Crows play the Blues.  We all know the Blues are up themselves.  And you can all feel free to tip them.  But this is the game where the Crows get back on track.  If they don't then it will be a long year...

How hard is the next one?  Kangas n Tigers?  The Tigers have played well for a whole game.  Unfortunately that game has been spread across the 3 they have played so far.  The Kangas... well... they have had a tough draw so far I guess... but how hard are the Eagles?  I'm tipping the Tigers in a minor upset.  But there won't be an upset at the G when the Pies give the Bombers a lesson. 

Finally two very tough picks - the Dockers n Doggies, and the Hawks n Cats.  Toss a coin, but hometowns may be the final decider.

1 comment:

  1. I think someone picked a Sunday game also for the knockout??

    ReplyDelete