Wednesday 29 July 2009

Round 17 Down - 5 to go

Greetings - yes, I have been otherwise distracted but you get that.

SO. Last week? Well my unbiased Paps supporters assure me that the Paps were the victims of bad decisions. Yep, 70 points - which coincidentally is the margin that the Anti-Dave smacked Dave by at Snooker recently so I know it is a reasonable margin - was all the result of bad decisions. And i concur. For example, Mark Williams. There is one bad decision. Chad Cornes. Another. Brogans chin. Bang. The list is endless. And the result undeniable... even for the most one-eyed Paps supporter... GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! I will say one thing though - I don't mind their new away strip. FINALLY a decent Paps guernsey.

Anyway... as discussed... beating a crap team does not make you a good one, and we all know where the Paps fit in that scale of reckoning Season 2009. ALTHOUGH... I have a feeling even the crap is gonna make it through to the finals this year. Evidence? Two of Carlton, Essendon, Port and Hawthorn will make the finals this year... oh lord. Did you ever need more proof that a final 6 would make more sense? I ran my totally unbiased thoughts through the old Ladder Predictor and found that the Hawks n Carlton will make it... hmmm! Actually, I don't like the idea of meeting the Hawks in the first round - lucky that by my unbiased reckoning the Crows will finish 3rd! GOLD!

The Pies played the Blues on Friday night - teams destined to finish 5th and 8th and thus setting up a Finals preview for us. And the Pies whipped Bluebagbottie. The Blues were never in it. We know they're coming? Pffft. And of course this week Mssrs Malthouse, Bucks n Eddie have been indulging in some loving amongst themselves. Seems to make sense though eh? Keep a coach on for a cuppla years that you were otherwise contemplating "boning", so that you can keep an untried coach on for 3 years after that.

Meanwhile in the Grand Final replay, the Hawks did all but win against the Cats - and if it were under last years rules they probably would have won. What a finish to a great game. The Cats have a few injuries now... can they recover? And in another absolute ripper, the Dockers beat the Eagles. This game had everything! Two teams with nothing to play for. 44 players with limited skills. The colour purple. Excellent stuff. The Dockers appear to have the wood on the eagles - 5 in a row? I didn't know that!

Brissy beat the most boring team in the comp. Next year they're going to be called the North Melbourne Kanga-Snooze. And the doggies were dealt a blow by the all-conquering Sinners. Who canna stop em??? Were any of you lucky enough to watch the Dees take on Sydney? I wasn't, but I set my Foxtel IQ up to tape it. Fortunately it failed to record - I guess that's why it is called IQ. Crap game, crap teams. Just the Facts.

And finally my favorite result from the weekend. OK I didn't tip it but the Bombers... great stuff. The players are now right behind Rawlings and why wouldn't you be?

"He'll tell you exactly what he thinks, he won't beat about the bush, which I find, personally for myself, is a really good coaching tool."

Words of wisdom there by Luke McGuane. It's not often you can put the words "I", "personally" and "myself" within 5 words of eachother and remain legible, but thats why he's a footballer. My question is, what was Wallace doing? Going along to team meetings and starting it off with "Riddle me riddle me riddle me do... I have here Lukey a position for you... it could be down back, up front or cleaning the loo... I'll keep the game plan a secret cos tanking is no-no..."?

Ahhh it's a simple game for simple people. So why isn't Matty Knights top of the table?

The Ladder / Side Comp
There were indeed a few 7's this week - the main upset being the Tiggers of course, but the Dockers shafted my skinny butt too. I thought we were staring a cuppla draws in the face for a while and with the tool of the desperate now being played by a few, it could have been a handy ploy, but nup. Just remember - Dave says there are 1.6 draws a year.

So now leading the way by 2 tips is last years winner, line in the sand. In second is 101, while 3rd belongs to Asylum Seeker and Grunter - 2 points further back... It's business time. Top 10 ladies...

In the Jr comp, leading the way and in the cash is maddstar... well, if you finish in the cash you don't get a bonus for being little, so more for us!

And in the side comp there are 4 left - 101, Junkie, HPStreak (looking to back up his victory!) and kschafer. 2 games to pick from as per the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment