Monday 27 April 2009

Short & Sweet

Ahhh yes... just like Mrs Horseboy.

We've spent the weekend moving house which means I saw NO footy. Normally that does not distract from my ability to dissect in detail all the comings and goings but I am Time Thrifty so this really will be short and sweet.

What I do know is the results and the injury count. Richmond won. Richo gone. Did I not tell you the Tigers would win? The answer is of course yes. But I didn't pick em. The Roos lose Boomer Harvey for 12 weeks, and they are in a world of pain my friends. You may also find that I told you the smart money would be on the Bombers over the Pies. Did they win? Yes indeedy. Did I tip em? No. Big Hille is out of action for a while. Shame. I seem to remember ALSO telling you that the Dockers would get one on the board against the Swans. Did I tip em? YES! YAY! *phew* And in an upset I didn't tell you OR pick, the Blues got one over the Aker-Doggies. Yup, the Akers drops out and the Doggies are gone.

On Friday night the Power put up a really good performance to only just get beaten by a lucky Saints. Lucky that they were playing the Paps and absolutely smashed them. My how I chuckled. The Cats gave the Lions a belting, and the Hawkers accounted for the Beagles. Oh and in what must have been an enthralling game, the Crows beat the Dees in a very low scoring affair. Glad I didn't have the telly. But apparently it has made 1/4 of all Paps supporters feel confident for the Showdown.

The Ladder
In a week that skilled tippers managed 5 if they were lucky, 2 tippers managed a 7 - Delores and Doorknob. Huge effort - and it doesn't bode well for the rest of your tipping if you get 7 in a round like that! In the lead we now have 4 tippers on 28 - Judds Fixers, the Junkie, PavPaaaaah and crowsfc. Behind them are a bunch.

In the side comp we lost 5 tippers and we're down to 12 tippers with $60 on the line. Choose wisely.

In the ponyboy comp leading the way is D Master. Too easy for the Maestro as he absolutely smashes his own brethren.

Next Week
There are some TOUGHIES. And it starts with the Roos and Pies. Pies should be faves here but never underestimate the Roos. Never overestimate them either. The Hawks n Carlton do battle in what should be a ripper. Clearly anyone can beat the Hawks, but it still needs to be done - they will want to fire up against the Bluebaggers to be a chance.

Tis Derby n Showdown week - Weagles will be too good for the Purple Malaise, while the Crows will have too much class against a team that lives for nothing else but beating the Crows and whomever is curently 15th or lower.

Brissy and Essendon - fark. Who can pick it? I'll toss a coin. Unlike the Cats n Dees - much like the US debt clock, they'll need to add another digit on the scoreboard for this game. The Swans will beat the Toothless Tiggers even without offering Clown on Clown action in LRT v Richo, and finally form says the Sinners over the Dogs, but I'll wait and hear if Aks is playing before that one...

Any probs...

No comments:

Post a Comment