Sunday 7 March 2010

Season 2010: Hawthorn

I loved watching the Hawks crash so badly last year after the luckiest Grand Final victory since the Power beat the Lions.  It made monday morning's so enjoyable.  I would go get my cappuccino, thinking of Jeff Kennett whinging about something the AFL had done (ignoring the fact that the AFL is in the strongest financial position ever, and has a competition with the most paid up supporters in Australia ever), only to be met by MadJacob telling me how bad the umpires were after every single game.  UNLUCKY!!!!!  22 games, 22 sets of umpires with no idea, always biased against those poor little Hawkies who had the worst disciplinary record in the comp (aside from the Collingwood cheer squad).

Yes, I do have to admit they did suffer from the odd injury though.  This is something that is going to shape every teams season though... suck it up ladies.  But now that Croad has retired there is less risk of him playing for them - he DID retire didn't he?  That is a good thing for them and bad for the opposition, and I was starting to think the Hawks would challenge again for the top 4...

Until I was having a cruise on the net this morning and saw that they are already heading down injury lane with ruckman Simon Taylor copping something that looks reasonably major, and Brad Sewell also limping away with his arm in a sling.  That could cause me to revise my thinking a little, but a team that has F(r)atboy Franklin, Roughead, Brown, Hodge, Mitchell and Rioli in its ranks can't be out of the eight for long eh Ando? Long? Ando? eh? Gettit?  Well maybe only I do.

Expected Finish: 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment