Tuesday 5 July 2011

Goldie.

Yes here I am up on the sunny Gold Coast having just completed the marathon and it reminded me of the 2009 vintage crows... Started off a million dollars pumping out the sub 4:10's alongside steve monnas ... All on track for a top 4 spot and glory... The crowbots in full swing, an injury to one of our blonde brigade and no probs, nuther one in, nuther victory. Ok in my case it was sub 3hrs in my sights. And then after 23km those 3hr balloons started to get ahead... 10 metres, 20 metres, next 5 kms and dropped down to 4:20s... Those balloons are 100m ahead... Sub 3 still do-able though cos they were going too fast anyway... (thanks monnas!) but I have lost a valuable backman. 4:30s... riccuitto is injured... Hmmm that last 8k is looking a bitch but with a bit of luck... Dzzzt it's Collingwood in the preliminary final and a dodgy free with seconds to go... Lukeee is running a 5:30km (number 39km to be precise) and the season is over... SIGHS didn't even make the granny after all that!

Anyway the Crows did beat Sydney this week in a wet wet wet game. But the bug shocka was the Bombers. The curse of the bye for the Catters - the game against the Crows last week made their training runs look competitive - and the bombouts squeezed home.

Elsewhere the sinners kept their season alive beating the Roos - can't believe I picked the Roos - the doggies got in easily over the Dees, the blues smashed the tiggers, and the dockers made it hard work over the Suns. Speaking of which, I saw Guy McKenna doing it pretty tough in the marathon as he came in around 5hrs. Did he leave at three quarter time to make it back for the 7:10am start?? Is that why after 3q they went down the tube?

Oh and the Pies smashed the hawks. So now the papers say the hawks gamestyle isn't good enough. Not the fact they have 10 injuries including Rioli and Roughy - its the gamestyle. Aha.

The tippers...
In a reminder to the grey brigade that carbon has to be controlled, carbonara tax got the full Monty this week - great effort picking the upset. Getting 7 was horseboys pre-season picker. So yes, I did better picking them 16 weeks ago than I did picking them the day before.

Leasing the way overall are the Juddsta and Driza.

In the side comp bjak and 101 are still there. Given my tardiness with the write up they have free reign this week with their picks.

My thoughts in the winners... Soon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment