Sunday 17 July 2011

Round 17: Mucus. Completed.

I think I have found the ultimate gift.  It's the Ostrich Pillow.  Designed for power naps at work.  No.  Seriously.  Never let it be said I didn't give ya nuthin ;)

So Friday night was a bugga eh?  There I was out n about, following the Mighty Mighty's on the phone.  Up easy.  Victory assured.  UP YOURS DAVE!  Then someone says 'whats that?' and points to my shirt and what looks like a piece of fluff to me.  I go to pick it off and it is... a little more... fluid than I expect... highly viscous... and sticking to my fingers as I pull them away... and I can tell you folks, it wasn't of my body.  Stunned!  AARGH!  I am yet to recover.  As the group around me pointed and dry retched I sat and looked.  Fingers alive with slime.  *sighs* aaargh.  No seriously.  And to top it all off, by the time I got back from vomiting in the toilet, I checked the Crows game and bang.  Gone.  DAMN YOU MUCUS!

Hmm.  No.  Seriously.  I am booked in for therapy monday.  I have been scarred.

How bout those Suns eh?  Paying $6!  Money for nothing.  Can't believe I only put $10 on it. Maxwell's cousin had $100 on it.  Even when they were down you knew they'd get up.  The Tigers are $hit.  Couldn't beat an egg.  But as bad as the Tiggers are, there is one truth, and that is that the Paps are even worse.  Even I am starting to get concerned.  They have become a blight on South Australia and not of the Malcolm variety.  We have enough problems in South Oz without having 2 footy teams that are $hit.  Bring Back Wiederman! And how annoying are the Victorians now? Cocky mofo's.  5 years ago they were all tearing up at how no Victorian team could make the top 15, and how it was all in favour of the 'interstate teams'... Newsflash for you fuc$ers - in a national comp there are no interstate teams.  And who would have thought it would change?  Well... everyone that isn't a biased Victorian writing for the Herald I guess.  Mike Sheahan you are a joke.  You should work for News of the World.

Speaking of jokes, the Roos got up over the Doggies.  The Roos aren't a huge amount better but they do have Drew Petrie and Boomer Harvey.  I have never seen that big lug fail. Mind you I didn't see last weeks massacre.  But he was on fire I tells ya.  That said, they were playing the Doggies.  The Doggies winning streak consisted of beating (1) The Suns, (2) The Crows, (3) The Dees, and (4) The Blues.  While I'm prepared to say the Blues are a top 6 team - due entirely to the fact there are so many crap teams out there this year - the other 3 teams are dare I say... crap.  The Roos formline is no better cept they happened to get pummelled last week by the second best team in the comp.  If you put money on the Doggies you are a deadset IDIOT! Malthouse hasn't done that since the late 80's.

Of course the Pies got an easy win over the Blues, but the upset of the week had to be the Sinners over the Beagles. Well it was for me.  And the Cats only just got home over the Lions - Mr WildJohnny would have been a bit nervous me thinks... poor JB going down AGAIN... fark.

Tippers
Well the main news out of the round is that the SideComp is finished!  101 and bjak both went the Doggies so it's game over at $120 shared... let's see... Heath Shaw said that works out at $350 each if you put money on Eddie weaseling him into the finals.  Well done guy and gal.  Email me your details for me to send to (in case they have changed).  I will not be re-starting it.

In the comp proper... well I would love to tell you but the Oztips site is down for bluddy maintenance.  The big question is, will they do as good a job as last time?  Once again, apologies for them doing their SHITTY THING but nothing I can do about it.  Will go elsewhere next time.

Round 18
The round starts with a belter.  I rang Goldsack to get the odds on the Crows leading by 10 goals at half time and lose by 3, but he said I was better off asking him mum. She told me it is $7.25 for the Crows/Saints option.  She's a smart gal and had already put $10 on it.

North host Brissy - do not put money on a game involving North.  Simple.  They will screw you.  But they should win this one, while a damn tough one to pick is Bazza's likely last game against his old Premiership mates at the SCG Saturday Arvo.  Those Swans supporters got on poor razor rays back like an ewok on a stormstrooper last week, but the Giesch is adamant that they were ALL CORRECT SO UP YOURS LOMAS!  Actually I think the Giesch needs to get his eyesight checked by the sponsors but... hmm.  Anyway, tough pick but the Swans at home are unbeata... hang on... 2 from 6?  Well it's their last game at the SCG this year so will still back em.

The Pies n Coasters of the Au variety.  Tough pick. But easier is the Dons n Blues.  The Blues should get back on track here after losing to the Pies by 16 goals last week.  Well it FELT like 15 goals.  The Cats will smack the pussytiggers, and the Hawkers with a few players back will beat the Dees.  Finally we have the Derby.  Form says the Beagles which probably means the Dockers are a shoe-in!

1 comment:

  1. A bit nervous he thinks, I was packing it & with Beccles sitting next to me screaming for the Lions it was blue murder. Need to do better than that if they want to go deep into Sept I say. The good news of the weekend is that OG's team is sitting on the bottom but damn it he is now an extra point up due to the bloody Weagles. WildJohny

    ReplyDelete