Tuesday 27 March 2012

3rd - Pies



To be honest I am pretty sure that is the old Port Adelaide Magpies logo.  The Pies have had a cuppla good years, winning a Premiership and then finishing up losing to the Cats in the one that matters - the one for TWO IN A ROW.  I've always said that unless you win two in a row, yer rubbish.  The last team to do that was of course the Lions - they set a standard that the Cats can only dream about.  And hang on... who was it before that...?  Oh of course... THE MIGHTY MIGHTY'S!  Ah the golden years.  They'll be back.

But I digress.  The Pies.  New coach in Bucks.  To me their big weakness is Jolly.  Sorry big man but I really think your time was up at the end of last year.  You were a champion for 2 clubs and also played for the Pies, but me thinks you are one year beyond.  Still, it's hard to go past a team that currently boasts (literally) Penders, Swan, and dare I say Thomas... and ever Cloke on his day?  There's not 3 braincells between em but it's hard to deny they can play.  So why 3rd?  Well as I said... the ruck looks a bit weak... the loss of all-Australian Neon Leon will be hard to cover (cept for in a grand final), and I think there are a cuppla other teams that will step it up a bit as the Pies drop back...  but they'll definitely be around the mark, and once yer there, they will give it a shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment