Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Half-Time Verdict: Carlton

Position: 7th
W/L: 6/6
Rubbish Factor: 40%
The Blues. Before the Mighty Mighty Crows entered the AFL and made it their own playpen, I went for the Blues. They were approximately half as good as the Double Blues, and they had young Peter Motley play for them for a while. I loved Peter Motley. I have his autograph somewhere. #2. Running on to Unley Oval as a kiddie... "please sir, can I please have your autograph?" ahhh Glory Days. He was still young and didn't tell me to fck off like 95% of the Aussie Cricketers did (and probably still do.) Of course Sticks played for em too. Bradders (Port Scum until he developed a ticker). Naley. The last gasp glory days of the SANFL. Gold my friends. Gold.
Anyway, I do have a soft spot for the Blues - but only when we beat em. What's not to love about Juddy now he doesn't play with Couz? The man probably still scored when he got home to Twiggy even though he was wearing that bandage *sighs* She seems like a lovely lass. Anyway, 2009. Apparently we know they're coming? I think they've peaked. Round 13 will be the deciding factor between them and the Bombers filling in the vacancies at the bottom of the 8 (I know, I know - but don't look for consistency in my blog!). The Blues are yet another team that Jimmy Hird rated highly early this year so it's no doubt they are dropping down the table. Fev? Can Play. Is Stupid. Kruezer? Quality. Gibbs? Should be playing for the Crows. Murphy? Handy. Actually why the hell aren't they doing better? They should be 12 n zip!!!!
Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment