Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Half-Time Verdict: Hawthorn

Position: 9th
W/L: 6/6
Rubbish Factor: 55%
6 n 6 at the break. Yes, it is the same as the Paps but I'm sure you'd all agree there is a lot more upside for the Skiddies than the Paps. Why then a higher rubbish factor? All that bluddy whining. Plus they've cost me some tips.
Yep, the Hawks have whined more this year than Malcolm Turnbull in a Kerry O'Brien interview. "I don't want to talk about the email, look at the injuries." In case you haven't heard, the Hawks have had injuries. Well woopdie farken do. Who hasn't had injuries apart from the Sinners? Oh, and the Doggies. And Geelong. See, actually Geelong HAVE had injuries and they are still unbeaten so while one game a Premiership did you get, my respect you did not. And I KNOW that hurts you BAD!
Clearly the Hawks have failed 2009 - I've always said that unless you win 2 in a row, yer Premierships don't count. I've also always said that 3 is just showing off. You see, as all good economists and statisticians and indeed politicians know, it is all about setting the right criteria and measuring accordingly. Which is why the Mighty Mighty Crows are clearly the best team of the last 20 years - if you would like to dispute this, show me which team has won back to backs without showing off in the last 20 years and I will agree with you. The Hawks will not be doing this.
Yes, Jeff clings to the hope that people returning from injury will save them, they won't. They never do. They may be a happy team at Hawthorn but this years pre-season starts in August my friends. On yer Bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment