Saturday 20 June 2009

The Half Time Verdict: Richmond

Position: 14th
W/L: 3/9
Rubbish Factor: 90%

Ahhh the Tiggers. Weren't they talkin' it up at the beginning of the year? And many a fool believed em. I put my hand up for that - I thought they'd make the eight - indeed in a comp where you had to pick the number of wins for the year, I gave em 12! No - that's no the number for the next 3 years combined - I actually thought they would win twelve games this season. Isn't hindsight a great thing?

BUt they finished last year with a flourish, and they had Benny Boy added to the list. They wouldn't go backwards. Surely. They are Tiger, Hear Them Roar! The season was barely 30 minutes old and all of a sudden it was They are Tiger, They are Poor!

And yet their failure made me happy! Not that I hate the Tiges - how could you? They haven't done anything useful enough to hate in the last 30 years. But I did enjoy the comedy factor. The Tigers are like that Smelly Uncle that says embarrassing things after a few bevvies. He's bludging off society - saying it has been keeping him down - HE didn't get a bluddy stimulus payment OH no. But he hasn't worked a day in his life, he get's enough from the system so that you know he could - nay should - be doing better, and you reap what you sow. Yep, much like the Tigers draft picks in the last 5 years, it's all gone on ciggies n cheap bevvy. And then Mr Wallace says they just don't have the cattle. Hang on - you've been there for FIVE FRIGGIN YEARS!!!! They keep offering you jobs! But you say no... I like that one with no talent. He's GREAT! He'll FIT the tigers well... hmmm!

Their list... You know yer in trouble when the best you've got is the same clown that was the best you had 10 years ago. Richo. When he's not on the training track, Richo wears those big red boots and a big red nose - you generally call him Bozo. Actually he wears the same attire on the field too. But then after him... what have you got? Absolutely nothing. I couldn't tell you one other player that is half decent for them. Maybe Simmonds. Maybe. Feel free to let me know which players you would want on your team if you had free reign.

My tip for the rest of the season is MAYBE 2 or 3 more wins - do they play the Dees n West Coast again? - and yet another draft pick to spend on cheap rollies and a carton of VB.

No comments:

Post a Comment