Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Half-Time Verdict: Essendon

Position: 8th
W/L: 6/6
Rubbish Factor: 85%
Eighty Five Percent. That's right - you heard me. I have based this on the number of times Daaaaave has told me how RUBBISH the Bombers are. Matty Knights? RUBBISH. Scotty Lucas? RUBBISH. Hille? RUBBISH! Ok, actually Dave now tells me Hille is very good and his absence is RUBBISH! If Dave said Dustin the Feltcher was Rubbish he would be onto something. Of course to trust Dave is dangerous. It only seems yesterday that he was telling me that Adam Goodes was RUBBISH. I believe the year was 2003 and the Big South Australian was in the midst of a season that would yield a Brownlow Medal. Ah Dave. He can divide the Pearls from the Swine and keep the flu all to himself. You want RUBBISH?

But the biggest contributing factor in the Bombouts RUBBISH measurement is of course James Bluddy Hird. I know I've said it before, but LET IT GO. Let's be honest - anyone that rates Jobe "Timmy can't be my real father cos he could kick a footy" Watson is having difficulties monitoring reality. This time last year the Bombers were supposedly great. They were so quick. Knights was a saviour. How quick is player x? How fast is player y? Well my son let me show you where they finished last year, and let me know you where they will finish this year. Out Of The Eight. OK OK... that means that the Hawks will sneak in and their pre-season starts in the second week of the finals, but the Bombers will miss the 8 by much my friends. You know it, Dave knows it, Matty Knights knows it, and if James Hird hadn't rammed his head into McVeighs knee, he would know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment